We understand that sometimes unexpected things happen that make it impossible to finish your study. That's okay—you can always quit a study if you need to.
Quit a study from a computer
Click the red "x" button on the Google Chrome tab where you have the study open.
Quit a study from mobile device
You can simply close the app! You can rejoin the study anytime by opening the app and clicking on Resume Study.
If you're sure you can't continue the study, we suggest force quitting the app instead. This will end the study.
- Launch the recent applications menu.
- Find the application(s) you want to close on the list by scrolling up from the bottom.
- Tap and hold on the application and swipe it to the right.
- On an iPhone X or later, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom-left corner of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.